7/20/2006

Viacom at the Top, Find Me with a Magnifying Glass

So I had this idea once that I'd make a sort of corporate map on my wall, a large poster showing the links between every company in America with all the big ones at the top. The big ones, being, as far as I can tell, Viacom, Time Warner, GE, Disney, etc. Then you'd see the hierarchy, and for instance, when Michael Bolton is hawking his CD on Extra! as a guest host,* you'd be able to trace a vertical line and see the business at work. I'm not going to complain that much about the fact that a business friendly SEC is going to allow mergers like CEOs are at a makeout party. But I mean, come on, Viacom has Comedy Central and MTV, not to mention BET, Nickelodeon, SpikeTV, Dreamworks and Paramount and every damn billboard I see (just look underneath the ad, in the center, you'll see the logo). Now the Onion? Isn't fake news sacred? Well get ready, because the fake news is about ready to get a little faker.

*Yeah, ok I watched Extra! last night, so sue me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should be proud you watched extra with your girl toy...she loves it

Drew said...

oh i could compile a list of the things i've watched with my girl toy... and the lake house would be at the top hahaha

Anonymous said...

check out http://www.theyrule.net/

Drew said...

ahhh thanks rachel! i'm going to be dragging around the barons of industry all day!